Date of this announcement April 21/2016
Ethiopian National Accreditation Office (ENAO) Invitation to Inspection Personnel to apply for Training as Part-time ENAO Accreditation Assessors
The Ethiopian national Accreditation Office (ENAO) is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and experience.
candidates who wish to be trained as part-time ENAO assessors for Inspection bodies.
Candidates should have, at least, the following qualifications and experience:
A. a University degree in Science or Engineering
B. be able to speak and write English at an advanced level
C. preferably have quality system knowledge and experience; and
D. have at least four (4) years experience in Inspection, two (2) years of which is a bench- work experience in a specific technical field
A candidate who have a diploma, and who have the above attributes, with ten (10) years experience, four (4) years of which is a bench-work experience in a specific field of inspection will be considered.
Applicants who are selected will undergo rigorous training in:-
- ISO/IEC 17020 General requirements for the competence of inspection bodies
- Assessor techniques in a scenario and role-playing environment, and
- On-site assessments with qualified assessors as mentors, Evaluation, and Screening of candidates will occur throughout the training schedule and those candidates who reach final registration as Lead or Technical Assessors will be contracted-in by ENAO for assessments as required
This is an exciting and rewarding career that can progress while remaining employed by your current employer. Your employer will also benefit from having the necessary skills for quality management system development entrenched within its human resource base. The training will involve two separate weeks of course training and approximately five non consecutive days of on-site observation, mentoring and evaluation. Consequently, the support of your management is required for the application.
If you meet to above requirements and are interested in becoming an ENAO part-time assessor then please send your complete CV to comprise the type of Inspection bodies you are working for and the scope of your
Inspection activity together with a supporting letter from your management to:
Specific Criteria/suitable areas of expertise are:-
· Radiation Inspection / Chemistry, Physics or related fields.
· Construction Inspection/ civil Engineering or related Fields/
· Lift inspection, Boiler, Electrical installations etc Inspection / Civil Engineering or related Fields/
· Pharmaceuticals’, Pre-packed foods & merchandise inspection/ Pharmacy, Food Science and related fields/
· Labour Inspection /Science or related fields/
Remark: Since ENAO has by now a sufficient number of Agricultural Inspection Assessors, so we don’t accept application in agricultural inspectors for this round.
Ethiopian National Accreditation Office (ENAO)
Science and Technology Ministry, 5th Floor Next to CBE TemenjaYaz Branch
P.O. Box 3898, Addis Ababa
Female applicants are encouraged
Note: Applications day will be within 12 consecutive days from the date of this announcement